Friday, March 14, 2014

Cinderella Syndrome

You've seen all the fairy tales. At some point the evil stepmother locks the poor, downtrodden, undeserving beautiful stepdaughter in a room when the daughter really should be meeting the love at her life, and dancing in beautiful gowns.

Well, I always thought that locking people in a room was hoo-hah. I mean come on, out of all of the locks in my house, the most you could do was lock yourself IN somewhere, and sometimes that was desirable. Now, I know better.

Yesterday, I was getting ready for class. In the process of getting ready to leave I searched for my keys. Everywhere. They were nowhere to be found. Our door locks automatically, so I figured I would just leave without my key and meet up with Ty later. I reached for the handle, turned it, and I was... *cue dramatic music* locked in. And class started in ten minutes. (Ty was the evil step mother, and class was the ball. See what I did there?)


I'm impressed with myself. Very calm, no pounding on the door, yelling, or crying. As I was searching the room for the key I had to have lost and certain Ty wasn't going to respond because he's a good student and doesn't check his phone in class, I was slowly losing hope. *More dramatic music.*

Plot twist. I heard a key in the door, and in came my evil stepmother/prince short of breath holding up two keys. (Okay, maybe he's more of a court jester. ;) 

In the end... I made it to class on time. Education wins again!

No comments:

Post a Comment