Thursday, March 27, 2014

Was Harry Potter secretly a gardener?

I love Harry Potter. I probably profess my love for the book series and the mastermind behind it (J.K. Rowling) at least once a week, if not more. Since I'm in Europe I'm pretty close to where the magic happened! (Ah, look at me already making puns.) So every now and then I put on my imagination glasses and pretend I'm going to school at Hogwarts. You got a problem with that?

I especially have these fantastic day dreams on my way to Dairy Products and Processing. I walk on this quaint bricked trail through all the green houses. This is what it really looks like:
It's actually quite a lovely walk. (Picture me saying that in a British accent please. Thank you. Cheerio!)

But sometimes I imagine I'm actually on my way to transplant mandrakes with the shrewd yet kind-hearted (and aptly named) Professor Sprout. Especially when it's cold outside and I have my ears covered.


But in reality I'm actually going to the much less fun class of Potions. (I believe muggles call it something like "Dairy Products and Processing" ... if I had to make a guess.) And in my potions class I have all sorts of chances to make daunting potions.
Mr. Weasley told me the muggles call it "Instant Coffee" with a dash of homemade whipped cream. But if you ask me, instant coffee might as well be poison. Folks, prepare your bezoars! Mad scientist coming through! And, yes, in potions class we drink our coffee straight from our cauldrons (beakers). 

And, once I'm done with class, I store my quills away and head back to the dormitories with my mates. And of course I tell hilarious jokes like:
Okay, that wasn't my joke, so what?

Every now and then when I decide to return to reality I realize that we create our own magic. And I'm very lucky to be in a place like this, and to be as capable as I am, even if I am a..... muggle. 
(Man, it hurt to admit that.)
But J.K. Rowling says that's okay.
See why I admire her so much?

Anyway, thank you for sticking with me through that post. I hope my HP references didn't get your wand in a knot or anything. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment