Friday, March 21, 2014

"Winter, make like a tree and leaf!" -Spring

The last couple of days there's been a notable change. Spring is here. (At last.) After almost two very cold months in Central Europe the sun has come out and warmed things up nicely. My college campus looks like something out of a movie...
It's getting green, the trees are budding, the fountains working, it's wonderful. You can't tell in this picture, but the students here have gone crazy about the sun! Practically everywhere you go you see students laying out on the grass on coats or blankets, sipping from a cup of beer they got at the cafeteria. Everyone seems so much happier and at ease now than before.

Today, Ty and I decided to go out an enjoy the 70* weather! First on our agenda was Prague Castle.
It looked even better in the light!

This was a tiny little sculpture hanging on a gate, and for some reason it reminded me of Dad and Wyatt. (Is it flattering that dead animals make me think of you? haha)

T
The view of Prague... and someone's arm.

My man and I pretending he's tall!

Another statue. These guys are so cool! I wish we had more in the states!

And he definitely knew how to treat a lady! ;) 

These were GREAT strawberries. There is food EVERYWHERE in Prague. You're constantly being tempted by pretty fruit, tasty cakes, and most of all: Pivo. (That's Czech for beer.)

Ty copying the statue!

The view from the very famous Charles Bridge.
A very dashing couple took a break from their nuptials to sightsee... She was going to make the dress worth the money!


This bird needs a tan worse than I do!

Well, that's all folks. I leave you with this picture of my very handsome husband. :)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Tress have been budding here as well. I agree it is nice to see Spring.

    ReplyDelete