Friday, April 4, 2014

No, *I* Have a Pocket Full of Sunshine!

Warning: The following post may lack the typical cynical/sarcastic humor you've come to expect from me! (But don't worry, I'm still hilarious.) But really, I've written this post while listening to hour long version of "Happy" by Pharrell Williams, so be prepared!
(If you want to experience an hour of "Happy" go to this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMOMjCoR58. I guarantee random dancing will ensue!)


Do you ever have those days where you just feel overwhelmingly blessed? Where you look up to the sky and know God's smiling at you saying, "I made this day for you." Where every single place you look has something beautiful for you to see? Well, that's  how I've been feeling the last couple of days. Maybe it's the weather, maybe I'm settling in, but I like it.

I first noticed it when I woke up next to Ty, and he was looking extremely cute, like always, so I thought I'd snap a photo of him. "Smile," I said.
But, don't tell him I posted this. ;)

 There's something about old couples that is just heartwarming. You can see in the corner of the picture an elderly man and with his wife in a wheelchair visited campus to see the fountain. It was a beautiful sight.

The flowers are blooming!

The pretty flower tree is snowing petals of lavender!

Even the building is soaring on this Springtime high!

We took a walk around the local neighborhood (on our way to get cake) and it's like the animals were out to salute us.
 You can't really tell, but this cat was SO fat.
And this cutie just sat their while we walked by.
Both of these animals were out watching us within ten minutes of each other. It was so cool, and I wondered what they were all thinking!

As I mentioned earlier, the flowers are blooming on campus. Before Ty and I came here we had a discussion about how we needed to slow down and enjoy things. We couldn't just hurry from A to B when there was so much in between that we could experience!
Well, I'm dedicated to literally taking time to smell the flowers. :)

Is that not the biggest dandelion you've ever seen?!

Since we've been in the Czech Republic, we've had a new found appreciation for Gyros. We could definitely eat at least one gyro a day; they are so delicious. Oh, and all of the shops say "Kebab," but I believe it's because of the way the meat is cooked.
If you were questioning the deliciousness of the meal, here's one of the gyros we had the other day.
All of the major food groups are included: grain, protein, vegetables, dairy, and of course, grease!

It's true that you never know who you'll meet. As we were sitting in the shop devouring our gyros, a guy behind the counter says, "Have you ever had Turkish Tea?"
Okay, I know what you're going to say, "Turkish Tea, is that code for 'roofies?'" Well apparently not, this guy made us all tea and told us about his family. He had 16 SIXTEEN siblings, and they were scattered all about Europe. Their family had several Kebab shops throughout the Czech Republic. They were originally from Turkey and they're Kurdish. He talked with us for a little while, gave us several coupons for the shop, and sent us on our way.
Needless to say, gyros are our new obsession!


Ty ordered a gyro from Farma, our university's restaurant, for lunch. It wasn't as good, but still delicious!


We had trouble ordering though; the Beef soap with meat and noodles was really tempting!


In the end, I had to pass on the beef soap, and I ordered lasagna. It wasn't as good as my mom's or Gram's, but it'll do for now.

I hope I can pass on all of this joy I'm feeling to you!
Cheers!


4 comments:

  1. You guys always make me hungry gyros sound really good. Oh and that flower in Ty's hand is big too. Cute pet name lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of the cherry blossoms and other flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gyros ARE really good! All the time! Thanks, Sonja, we really enjoy all of the flowers on campus. :) Dad, love you. :)

    ReplyDelete