Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I'm here for what?

Every time I told someone that I was going to the Czech Republic for a semester, this question would invariably come up: "What are you going to do there?"

And I would say something like, "Study abroad."
Then I would have to explain that I am attending  a university here called the Czech University of Life Sciences and that I am going to take courses there just like I would at K-State... Except halfway around the world.

So yesterday, I FINALLY got my course schedule, and I have to say, it's not too bad. I don't have class on Monday OR Fridays (can you say four-day weekend, woop woop!) and I get to take all of the classes that will put me on track to graduate next May if I choose to do so.

The classes I'm taking are Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, Livestock Management, Parisitology, World Trade with Agricultural and Food Commodities, and Milk and Dairy Products and Processing. I'm also considering taking a course called International Debate. (If I take the debate course I will literally be in class from 8:45-7:15 on Tuesdays with two fifteen minute breaks, and one forty five minute break... yuck. The things we do for knowledge!

I'm looking forward to getting back into a schedule and learning! Keep an eye out for my next blog post; I should be posting either tonight or tomorrow morning about things in Europe that have surprised me so far.

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment